Intermittent Wiper Switch

SatiricalHen

I’m located in Upstate, SC. I am willing to drive or pay shipping.

I have a fixed steering column and I currently don’t have intermittent wipers. I’m looking to find an intermittent wiper switch or if someone can tell me another vehicle to pull it from or whatever. I’m just tired of the wipers in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.png.3d973e2867e9c28c8a6fefc455ac81e8.pngimage.png.9211af188e6806cac6c33805ab9080c0.png

The intermittent wiper isn't specific to tilt or not. If someone else doesn't have one readily to sell to ya, I can get one but it will take me a bit as I am limited to when I can go to the salvage yard. Which is during my lunch.

I need the switch in the stalk, and the module. The module is the same, but from what I can find the switch in the stalk is specific to tilt and fixed

I guess I need to get one and give it a go then. Just never tried since everywhere I looked said they were different. I guess I need to get a stalk, the switch in the column, and the module under the dash at the drivers feet?

When you say the switch are you talking about the whole turn signal switch? That's the only switch in the column itself. Theres the high beam switch that's down the outside of the column and the module goes directly under the column.

ACDelco makes the chrome stalks still but have an alignment issue. Chrysler still has the stalks but are black unless you want to go that route.

The actual wiper switch is in the column, and they are different for tilt and non-tilt.  And they are expensive.

I have a non-tilt delay wiper switch pulled from a junkyard MJ.  They are actually rare.  I can post a pic tomorrow.  It was a huge pain to get out of the column.

Edit:  If you have a manual trans, I think it would actually be easier to swap the entire steering column from an intermittent wiper equipped XJ, instead of finding and swapping out the switch.  If you have column shift auto, no other option but to change the switch.

The actual wiper switch is in the column, and they are different for tilt and non-tilt.  And they are expensive.

I have a non-tilt delay wiper switch pulled from a junkyard MJ.  They are actually rare.  I can post a pic tomorrow.  It was a huge pain to get out of the column.

Edit:  If you have a manual trans, I think it would actually be easier to swap the entire steering column from an intermittent wiper equipped XJ, instead of finding and swapping out the switch.  If you have column shift auto, no other option but to change the switch.

I actually like my non tilt column, so I’d rather find a switch and install it. What all do I need to do the swap? The switch in the column, the stalk that goes into the switch, and the module? There’s no way to adapt a tilt column switch to work?

The part number 56000032, when searched on Rockauto, brought up that WVE brand part.  But I am not 100% sure it is correct.  I will get pictures of mine today and maybe we can determine how to tell the difference by looking at pictures.  

If I ever get around to installing mine, I will document it.  Because it was a pain to get it out.  I hope anyone else who does the swap would document it.

I've already added the delay box behind the kick panel, and swapped the stalk to delay type, just need to add the switch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...