rust rust and more rust

ok, so i finally got a tally on what parts i need to replace ill get prices tomorrow when i go get brakes for my s10

1. drivers side rocker

2. passenger side front fender

3. maybe both doors...(probably able to save)

4. both cab corners

5. both bedsides

we were underneath, and luckily it is solid underneath .. and oddly ...not that rusty.

my question is, how much should i expect to pay for the welding...(i'd do it but i don't know how or have the equipment.) ballpark.

Most of the body parts your looking for are very hard to find rust free.

The front fender is the only one the is a easy replacement piece, try Keystone, they stock the fenders.

Your best bet is to find a Junk Yard with lots of XJ sitting in there, and you'll find the doors, rockers, and fender.

Cab corners, some one on here.

Bed sides........you will not find. I'm trying to get set-up to make a replacement panel, but it will be a couple of months before the day job slows down that I can put some time into this.

Price on welding.........wow......yea, alot of hundreds, unless you make friends with a body man. You might want to start teaching your self how to do this, and buy the equipment. Check out this web page, lots of good info on there -

http://www.autobodystore.com/

Good luck, and keep us posted :D

i knew front fenders are easy.

supposedly i can get the cab corners and rockers at advance (the guy behind the counter looked them up and said he could get them...i assume oem)

the only thing bedwise is the sides.. the tub is excelent ... amc 4x4 has bedsides for me as soon as i come up with the $$$ .

my buddy Andy said he would weld the cab parts which takes care of that (he is an experienced body man. ).

As far as the bed goes ill have to get it welded here or ditch the bed alltogether. I was however, thinking of an aluminum bed but who makes the little ones for small trucks?

last resort was a wood bed but can this look tasteful?

the good and bad thing is there is an XJ at the junkyard near my house, i was gonna buy it for parts but the guy won't sell me the whole truck!

not to mention it is a 4x4 long bed (the one i wanted originally) and i have a 4x2 SB. the truck looks fairly rust free from the road...so maybe i can get the cab parts.

the good and bad thing is there is an XJ at the junkyard near my house, i was gonna buy it for parts but the guy won't sell me the whole truck!

not to mention it is a 4x4 long bed (the one i wanted originally) and i have a 4x2 SB. the truck looks fairly rust free from the road...so maybe i can get the cab parts.

um, do you mean an MJ at the junkyard? cuz there is no such thing as an XJ long bed.