WJ Lower Control Arms

Pete, generally I'd prefer not to cut and grind much, if anything, off the mounting buckets since I don't really wheel my truck so trying to determine if I need to just get new LCAs. I have the WJ arms in now and of course the improvement was dramatic and eliminated the rub of my 31s at full lock. I'm replacing the ZJ V8 coils in there now with OME 2930s plus keeping the 1.5" spacer already there so I think I'm going from @2.25-2.5" to 3.25-3.5" lift which was the goal. 

If you can find my thread about my '90, you should find pics of what I nipped off the arms.  not because I needed to, but because I wanted to for that theoretical maximum flex I never needed.  I'm not the only one that's done the conversion and I'm not sure I've heard of anyone else trimming them like I've done.  :dunno:  you should be just fine. :L:  

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, watchamakalit said:

I am running wj arms with 2" spacers.  The only grinding I had to do was to the bushing width.  I didn't do any additional grinding like pete did.  I do get a little rub at full lock with my 31's but I know it happens and just don't turn it that tight.  lol

is it rubbing on the arms?