Gas tank under serious pressure (solved)

Would you all like to know what the answer turned out to be? Well you might want to sit down for this because apparently the previous owner purposefully clogged the vents and lines in my tank with glue. why? I have no idea! I ended up clearing out the charcoal canister, replacing the lines and cleaning the vents completely as they were all just gunked and nastied up. My only guess as to why they did this was that maybe they were having some trouble with it passing emissions or something. I'm also guessing the reason why I never noticed until it started getting hot outside was because the gas wasnt getting hot enough to expand in the tank to tell me that there was an issue. Regardless its all cleaned out now and my truck feels much, much faster. So much faster its not even funny who knew that a fuel vent line could slow someone down so much. On the down side I think its running rich as even though everything is hooked up properly I can occasionally get a whif of gas fumes at a stop light that usually goes away after a second. I also believe its running rich as if I don't let it warm up a bit after a cold start it bogs down as soon as I get into 2nd gear and tries to stall out on me. Its not that big a deal though I just let it warm up before taking off now. So yea, after all these years of driving I can still keep my "didnt overfill a gas tank" club member card.

EDIT: It actually might be my battery as I just realized its been a long time since its been replaced so maybe its not running rich but instead the alternator doesn't have enough charge on a cold start to keep everything alive, guess Ill change the battery and we'll see