Junkyard search

13 Legion

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, schardein said:

That search comes up for XJs, but they do have one MJ.  I pulled some parts off of it last week.

You were in Knoxville?

Yeah, one 86 IIRC.

If you don't get there 1 or 2 days after it's been put out you won't get much.............like a bunch of vultures round here. 

PnP is an hour away and as it is I drive better than 3 hours a day so it's not like I'm going to just swing by.....in the early years I was out there a lot, today, not so much. 

6 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

You were in Knoxville?

Yeah, one 86 IIRC.

If you don't get there 1 or 2 days after it's been put out you won't get much.............like a bunch of vultures round here. 

PnP is an hour away and as it is I drive better than 3 hours a day so it's not like I'm going to just swing by.....in the early years I was out there a lot, today, not so much. 

I just completed a 6 day, 2,136 mile round trip from MO to NC and back, hitting 7 junkyards on the way.

U-Pull-It Paducah KY

PullAPart Knoxville TN

LKQ Greenville NC

Foss U-Pull-It LaGrange NC

Cape Fear Pick-N-Pull Wilmington NC

PullAPart South Atlanta GA

PullAPart Birmingham AL

Also stopped at Smoky Mountain Knife Works for a new Spyderco.

2 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

They have a good gun shop too. :)

One of our jewels here. 

I've stopped there several times over the years.  Even when i knew I wasn't going to buy anything.

I didn't make my usual stop in Oak Ridge to eat at Big Ed's Pizza.  I was originally introduced to them through their long standing support of competitive shooting.  The original "Big Ed" was a Marine Veteran of the WWII island hopping campaign.  I never met him, but did meet his son Dave Neusel, who was a Navy Veteran and operated the place until his passing in 2013.  Big Ed's is the best pizza I've ever had.