I've been kinda curious if wheel spacers would look kinda good on a MJ, or would it look tacky. I've always been a fan of the stance of stadium trucks/short course trucks and was curious about a proper way to get a descent looking and modest stance that isn't overaggressive or gaudy. 

(Not the best pic, but you get the point)

SCTruckRacing.jpg

1 hour ago, ComancheKid45 said:

They're popular on the rear of the Comanche to bring the wheels out even with the fender flares. Ive never been a fan of running spacers on the front though.

Are there other methods that people use to get a longer track besides spacers? I'm very new to this level of suspension work, and I want to make sure I am making the proper choice so my suspension is good, rather than the cheap way

In the Jeep world, we talk about wheel "backspacing" rather than "offset." It's another way of addressing the same issue, but we might as well use the terminology that you're going to see in all the discussions around here. The backspacing is the distance from the wheel mounting surface to the back (the inside, as it sits on the vehicle) of the wheel. OEM Jeep wheels are not symmetrical -- most of the OEM wheels are 7-inch rims, but the backspacing is 5-1/4 inches. So they look more like the wheel on the right in the illustration provided by NHMJXJ.

The easiest way to have your tires sit a bit wider is to buy wheels with less backspacing. That's not hard, because just about every aftermarket wheel known to mankind has less backspacing than factory Jeep wheels.

Keep in mind, though, that in most states it's illegal to have your tires extend outboard of the bodywork.

33 minutes ago, Eagle said:

In the Jeep world, we talk about wheel "backspacing" rather than "offset." It's another way of addressing the same issue, but we might as well use the terminology that you're going to see in all the discussions around here. The backspacing is the distance from the wheel mounting surface to the back (the inside, as it sits on the vehicle) of the wheel. OEM Jeep wheels are not symmetrical -- most of the OEM wheels are 7-inch rims, but the backspacing is 5-1/4 inches. So they look more like the wheel on the right in the illustration provided by NHMJXJ.

The easiest way to have your tires sit a bit wider is to buy wheels with less backspacing. That's not hard, because just about every aftermarket wheel known to mankind has less backspacing than factory Jeep wheels.

Keep in mind, though, that in most states it's illegal to have your tires extend outboard of the bodywork.

I will definitely keep that in mind. I was tempted to get fender flares and do this, but it isn't a project that I intend on doing soon. My top priority is to get the conversion done first.