XJ and MJ similarities

TapyMJ

I have 2 questions

First off I have an 86 MJ with a 2.5L in it. I have an 88 MJ with a 4.0L in it. I have put a post before about swapping the motors from the 88 to the 86 and someone said i might need to smash in the firewall to do it because the early 86's didnt fit the 4.0L. is there a cutoff somewhere someone knows about. 

Next question. How much interior and exterior stuff with swap from a XJ 2 door to a MJ? I am talking like headlight bezels, seats, dashes, clusters, center, consoles, pillar pods? i am also looking for some good mud mats for the jeeps and I'm not sure if the XJ 2 doors will fit. 

Thanks in advanced

Take a look at the firewall in your trucks and compare.  You should be able to notice any differences.  I would recommend using an XJ to get your parts to keep both MJs on the road.

The MJ is actually more related to the 4 dr XJs as that's the platform it was built on.  The front doors from a 4dr XJ bolt right up to the MJ.  Damn near everything from the A-pillar forward is the same as an XJ.  This includes the dash, pedals, steering column, windshield, A-pillar trim, kick panel trim, fenders, front clip, everything in the engine bay, front axle, ect.  The only thing you need to worry about is the changes to the electronics and some various sensors from Renix to HO.  

Really there are only 2 pieces specific to 2dr XJs and MJs that you won't find in a 4dr XJ and they are the flip forward front seats, and the door switch panel with only 2 window switches.

The center console, seat brackets, headliner, and rear interior trim pieces are really the only things that are different.