Hitachi 18v sawzall

krustyballer16

Does anybody have the newest Hitachi 18v sawzall? Needing a new saw but not wanting to spend a crap ton and I already have a bunch of Hitachi 18v stuff so I've got a few batteries.

Just looking for reviews and input. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This subject came up before- buying into a platform, you have, now you feel stuck there. 

Hitachi is now Metabo HPT, what that will mean for quality? IDK. 

Hitachi pneumatics are good, real good, I have a couple of guns and if I moved completely away from Bostitch I'd buy all Hitachi. I have a couple of other Hitachi pieces as well. 

I'd never buy into their cordless tools, but that's just me.

I suspect their cordless reciprocating cordless saw is as good as any, you'll be fine.

This subject came up before- buying into a platform, you have, now you feel stuck there. 

Hitachi is now Metabo HPT, what that will mean for quality? IDK. 

Hitachi pneumatics are good, real good, I have a couple of guns and if I moved completely away from Bostitch I'd buy all Hitachi. I have a couple of other Hitachi pieces as well. 

I'd never buy into their cordless tools, but that's just me.

I suspect their cordless reciprocating cordless saw is as good as any, you'll be fine.
They're battery impacts are awesome. I have 3 of them in different sizes.

I'm not afraid to switch brands just didnt eanna buy a saw, batteries and charger then it suck @$$.

I have porter cable too and thats rhe onlt battery sawzall I have and you can barely cut thru a 2x6 on one battery
So out at the junkyard its useless.
Peter cable impact and drill is awesome too I finally burnt up my oscillating saw from them after running the balls off it, I'm going to buy a replacement in porter cable too.

1 minute ago, krustyballer16 said:

They're battery impacts are awesome. I have 3 of them in different sizes.

I'm not afraid to switch brands just didnt eanna buy a saw, batteries and charger then it suck @$$.

I have porter cable too and thats rhe onlt battery sawzall I have and you can barely cut thru a 2x6 on one battery
So out at the junkyard its useless.
Peter cable impact and drill is awesome too I finally burnt up my oscillating saw from them after running the balls off it, I'm going to buy a replacement in porter cable too.

I was going to post on that but..........good that you are aware.

Yes, cordless saws, including the circular saws, eat batteries like no tomorrow.

My DeWalt does well but I use it judiciously and I have plenty of batteries. 

Many of my DeWalt batteries are more than 3 years old and still running fine, for that reason alone I'm partial to DeWalt.

Batteries are expensive, cost more than the tool in many cases. 

I'd buy the Hitachi before the Porter Cable. 

I was going to post on that but..........good that you are aware.

Yes, cordless saws, including the circular saws, eat batteries like no tomorrow.

My DeWalt does well but I use it judiciously and I have plenty of batteries. 

Many of my DeWalt batteries are more than 3 years old and still running fine, for that reason alone I'm partial to DeWalt.

Batteries are expensive, cost more than the tool in many cases. 

I'd buy the Hitachi before the Porter Cable. 

Ya, the only other porter cable I'm buying is another oscillating saw since mine died. I need it to finish my house lol. Comes in handy a lot!
I guess I'll try the Hitachi sawzall for $160.
The reviews seem good on it, nobody says it's a big piece of $#!& so I guess that's about average with everyone elses lol.