Driveshaft angle

Finally got my driveshaft in after SBC 700r4 2wd swap. Measured driveshaft angle at 3 degrees (truck has been lowered about 2 inches)...need to know if this is okay. By my eye angle difference at transmission looks good and better at the diff...

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

What you're trying to acheive is having the output shaft of the transmission more or less parallel with the pinion shaft of the diff at ride height. Ideally the diff will point "down" a degree or two to make up for it torquing backwards under power. You've got custom transmission mounts and custom ride height, so no one will be able to tell you exactly what angle to run. 

Gogmorgo hit the nail on the head.

For a slip yoke shaft (like the stock rear shaft) you want the end of the trans/tcase and the end of the diff to sit parallel to each other with equal angles of the driveshaft on each end (within a few degrees).  This image shows how to setup angles for the slip yoke shaft although perfectly inline isn't recommended, you always want some angle.

pinion_angle_bad_angles.png.d88120b9333cbec20407536fcb94fefc.png

For a double cardan joint (like the stock front driveshaft) you want the diff to point at the end of the trans/T-Case.  In this picture you can see the difference in angle of the diff.  

joints.jpg.02a4dc4614de6781ef3ac040de9f9e16.jpg