Brake issue, no brake fluid going to the rear brakes

I am in the process of removing the proportioning valve and doing the wheel cylinders and a few other minor things like replace the rear axle.  

So when it came to bleeding the brake lines I could not get any brake fluid to come my way.

I have isolated the proportioning valve and removed it.  I have not changed any thing up front yet.

I can not make any fluid move to the back of the rig.  Open bleeder valves crack open lines.  Nothing.

How about some guidance here.  Thanks

If you removed the rear proportioning valve but you didn't change anything in the front -- it can't work. You have to remove the bypass line from the front and connect the remaining line directly to the flex hose at the rear axle.

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

If you removed the rear proportioning valve but you didn't change anything in the front -- it can't work. You have to remove the bypass line from the front and connect the remaining line directly to the flex hose at the rear axle.

And that one is on the bottom of the aluminum distribution block below the brake master cylinder

I removed everything from the proportioning valve, it is gone.   one line going forward.   

I ahve got to find the plug for that.

And I have drum brakes on the rear axle.

What are you saying is the one on the bottom -- the one you kept, or the one you removed?

You need to plug the outlet on the forward bottom of the distribution block. The line to the rear flex hose comes off the "nose" of the distribution block.

f287a83d865c9429d79df3df69f4149e.jpg

If you can't find a plug for the one on the bottom, buy the shortest 1/2-20 (SAE fine thread) bolt you can find and cut it down in length.