Front header panel conversion

Are you aware that the 97+ header doesn't quite align with the 96 and older fenders? The 97+ header has rounded radii at the upper, outer corners. The 97+ fenders follow this contour. The older fenders have a sharp chamfer at that point.

The best way, then, is to use 97+ fenders with the 97+ header. I know one person who didn't. What he did was to use Bondo to fill in the upper corners of the new style header. Then he installed it, and filed it down to match the contours of the fenders.

16 hours ago, Thealaskancomanche said:

Yea I’ve been looking around the web for someone who can explain in detail the conversion process but it’s hard to track that down. And you’re right I would have to replace the fenders as well. 

I have the new fenders and am planning to use the old header. I just see it as relocating the four holes for attachment. I will be using '95 XJ wiring. I am thinking you just have to drill holes into the fiberglass of the header or in my case, make some brackets. The wiring??? You might see if you can access MAD/XJ site. It had some conversion stuff from the old XJs to the new XJs turn signals. Also, a headlight relay wiring harness on the headlights.  Just thoughts.