Sign in to follow this  
mancheflo

Tail lights

are your brake lights too bright? :D 

I know that several members have used the peel-away paint and hit them with some light coats just to take the edge off.  or you can clean and polish them up and hit them with clearcoat.  that's what I did to the ones on my trailer.

20180822_184525.jpg

9 hours ago, Pete M said:

are your brake lights too bright? :D 

I know that several members have used the peel-away paint and hit them with some light coats just to take the edge off.  or you can clean and polish them up and hit them with clearcoat.  that's what I did to the ones on my trailer.

20180822_184525.jpg

That trailer is nice! I’m just looking to give them a different look that’s all 

you can easily and safely try it with the peel-off sprays.  :L:  just do it in light coats and stop when you're happy.

Personally, I can't imagine how MJ taillights or brake lights could be too bright. If you're going to try smoking them ... be sure the brake lights still show up on a bright, sunny day when the sun is shining directly on the lenses.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Personally, I can't imagine how MJ taillights or brake lights could be too bright. If you're going to try smoking them ... be sure the brake lights still show up on a bright, sunny day when the sun is shining directly on the lenses.

Agreed.  OEM lights/bulbs are nothing to write home about.  Even LED bulbs are at best a modest improvement.

doing anything than lessens the luminosity seems counter productive