Fuel pump check valve

Ok I know this topic has been covered a good bit but I recently replaced my fuel pump because I was experiencing long cranking and fuel pressure test showed immediate drop when switched off.  Based on these forums I went with the Bosch not an el-cheapo.  Start up was great!  For a month or 2 that  is.  Now I have the same issue again.  Anyone know what causes the check valve to fail so quickly and a good long term fix?

Thanks.  Philip

could be the fuel pressure regulator leaking down as well or a leaky injector bleeding down. that'll defintely make for some hard starts...

but I did just have to mess with the fairly new pump in my MJ yesterday. The check valve stuck closed and it would not deliver any fuel, I had to take the pump out, smack it on the ground and put it back in to unstick the valve. I thought it was chineseium but it was a Bosch i got cheap from rockauto about a year and a half ago.

• 1 month later...

I have had very good luck with the Bosch. My fuel pressure regulator was making down. I took a pair of needle-nose vise grips and pinched the return line to see if the regulator or the fuel pump was leaking down.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk