Overhead console

So was pulling parts off a 93 XJ with all, and I do mean all, the bells and whistles. It had a power sunroof, so the overhead console was a two piece. Meaning the forward section was perfect size for the Comanche.

So, anyone have info on how to wire this gem in?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to get the FSM for a 1993XJ and look into the wiring diagrams that specifically relate to the console.    It's not technically difficult, provided you actually know which wires provide which functions, but that only will come from the FSM wiring diagrams.

I did find this, and the circuit board has a 1987 date code on it. Further research has led me to beive the consoles are the same up to 1995, possible 1997 when the design changed.
Wiring is easy but reading the diagrams, not so much. Looks like I might need to grab the back half of the console possibly for further internal parts. The diagram references a compass module.
I di grab the temp sensor and about 6' of pigtail so that's an easy one. 6c3bbd05e67829e27a018247318f362a.jpg

Looks to me like the "compass module" they're referring to is the computer itself that's in the front of the console that is quite unlikely to be working as it stands. All of the ones I've seen have the compass circuitry built in to a single module. The back half might house the keyless entry module (it has a black dome lens), which is a useless infrared receiver and is difficult to deal with for all sorts of reasons. The one advantage it has is that it's very small, but you may be able to substitute your own keyless entry module there if desired.

To my knowledge, all 90-96 XJ consoles are the same. Grand Wagoneer consoles may be the same as the XJ as well. The console for the ZJ has a different computer (and has many functions not supported by the 90-96 XJ console) but the physical console may interchange. The 97+ XJ consoles are entirely different. You can tell them apart by the shape up front - the 97+ consoles kinda look like they have "wings" at the front.

Dug out my old 91 electrical FSM, and found wiring digram codes that match what I have, so that's a start.
Looked in my 89 FSM and it only lists the SJ overhead, nothing for the 60/70 series (XJ/MJ)
So, looks like I needs to start digging. Already located the temp sensor pins so that's easy, next I guess is what's input power and what's not really needed on the plug.

Board looks to be unscorched, and in good shape for having been sitting some time (I was given the jeep a while back, drove it on/off the trailer, but no registration makes it parts only. Several of which currently make Ratmanche move.

Once I figure the pin outs, I can at least test it out. I wanted to put center dome lights in the MJ, this just seems a more fitting, and better looking set.