Fuel Pump Strainer

Getting ready to install my rebuilt FSU and the new replacement fuel pump strainer I got that goes on the bottom at the pickup is too wide, a Carter STS17. Fortunately I have 2 old OEM ones but even they are not very snug. Gonna bend the slotted tab over a bit to try to get more pressure on the filter base. I'm concerned it could come off in the tank. Sooo, asking to see if anybody has located an aftermarket model that fits the older pump's smaller outside diameter pickup, everything I've found cross-references to the same one I bought and only fits the newer pumps with a wider outside diameter pickup.   

20181213_094631.jpg.3f32206f5a94eb9170bc44b506d65022.jpgIf you're installing a Carter P90034 pump there is a specific order to assemble it properly, 

1 place the rubber isolator in the bottom of the stand.

2 put the screen on the part of the isolator that sicks out of the bottom of the stand.

3 push the inlet of the pump into the isolator making sure it's all the way down inside the lip. This expands the rubber collar inside the neck of the screen holding it in place. It's almost a 3 handed job but can be done.

4 place top rubber insulator and bracket on top of the pump, make sure the outlet nipple is as far away from the tube leading out to the supply line as possible so the short rubber hose doesn't kink.

5 start test fitting the hose trimming a little bit at a time until you can get it on without any kinks and then tighten the clamps on the hose first then tighten the bracket securing the pump to the stand.

I run a stainless hose clamp on those as safety double check. I recently started using the flexible older style cloth type and like them a lot as well. I though I managed to buy like a closeout 5 pack or something from rock auto but I thought 1 of the box stores keeps them in stock too. I started using the older style since I never find those in the bottom of tanks when I pull sending units but I found 4 of the kind in your pic once.