Track bar/front axle questions

So I recently installed Dirtbounds 3 link kit and a ~4" lift (coils, shocks, leafs)

I'm now adjusting my lower arms to get wheelbase and caster right. Also the track bar will need adjusted accordingly.

While installing the 3 link I didnt undo the track bar or adjust it from where it was set with a worn out 3" lift.

But now while adjusting the 3 link arms and with the new lift on, I adjusted the trackbar (need a new one, ran outta threads, its sketchy now) but it still pulls th body to passenger side

So now my issue is when i undo the track bar, the body slams to the passenger side and I have to crank the wheel and hold it (with a ratchet strap) to get it back center on the axle. This isnt normal...

Does anybody know why it's in a huge bind now?
Only thing still attached is the drag link.

I think its causing me to have to fight to reinstall the lower arms. And now the upper arm on top of the diff is off. I can't get the axle to rotate down to get a better caster angle.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

What track bar are you running? 

Did you adjust/need to adjust the drag link for the additional inch of lift? That little adjuster sleeve thingy. 

You're right that seems like too much bind. It might be that the extra inch and not adjusting for it is making things difficult. 

Think it's in the drag link?

I think I wrote about the track bar wrong...it is adjusted for the 4" lift, need a new track bar, ran out of threads so its sketchy but axle is centered for adjusting purposes on the 3 link.

But before and after I adjusted it for the lift it still pulls to passenger side uncontrollably.

Does it have any movement in the drag link when you recenter it? I don't think it would be that but it probably has some tension on it.  Another random thought is there possibly a link or something new that got bent?
None of the new stuff, no.
I'll undo the drag link tonight and see if that's it, I have to adjust my steering wheel anyways.

Any clue on a certain length it needs to be? Same length eye to eye as track bar?

I didnt get much done last night except I got my track bar fixed.

Went to advanced auto and got a stock xj/mj right hand thread tie rod end and put it in the track bar for more threads. Perfect!

Ended up getting the $57 moog TRE for $25 cuz I told them I saw it online for that much and they price matched it. Yaaaa!

So tonight I'm gonna get the control arms back on and see where I'm at....

1f76a1585da2d28a60173a818cae45dd.jpga35919403ed3c5d54115649370c58cce.jpg

just a long shot, but is there any binding/bowing in the coils?  with no track bar and no steering installed, the body shouldn't pull to one side. :dunno:  plus double check all your suspension alignment measurements. 
When the track bar is on and centered, coils are straight. Well, it did it with no coils in too I think....so it's not there.
I havent undone the steering yet.

When I replaced mine I just measured of the old one, but that was without adding a lift. I would venture to guess where ever it lines up for the pitman arm to still be in the "normal" location. The only other thing I can think, and its a shot in the dark, of being the issue is something measurement wise with the arms/cross member is off. You mounted to upper link of the diff side correct? Naturally it would put more pressure over to the passenger side but shouldn't create a major bind. I'm trying to remember off the top of my head how many degrees of separation you need between the links. I believe its 5-10 but can't find my notes on it. I would just check you're somewhere in that ballpark and make sure nothing has been fully torqued down before everything is on. 

I think I figured it out! Undid the upper control arm and put the lowers on, adjusted the track bar, set wheelbase and set caster. Went to put upper arm on and it doesnt line up at all! The angle of the "head"/mount that goes on the bushing on top of the diff
is Way off. Too much of an angle pointed toward passenger side.
That's my fault, when I cut the tube and put it together I musta did it wrong. So this weekend I'll cut the head off, bolt it on the axle and then cut/grind/adjust the arm to mate up to the head correctly at the right angle.

And I had my dad help me move the axle as I put the bolts in the lowers. So much easier when I'm not by myself!

Is the upper link offset? Also just wondering why you went with dirtbound? Just curious, really had no idea about their kit. When I get to lifting the mine probably going Stinkyfab but curious about others. 

Offset as in? It is angled inward. So the front end of the tube was cut at an angle. I guess I cut it at too much of an angle.

I went with dirtbound because I've built a pretty good relationship with Max up there and weve worked together on some stuff. So I went up there, built and redesigned this kit and I got it installed but not adjusted before I had to leave. The bad angle arm is my fault. Not with the kit.
And it's not on the website cuz he took it down cuz of production issues with the last crew he had. Not sure why....I had like an hour in cutting the tubing and welding it all.
I havent looked at stinkyfab's much I don't think. .