Interior Opinions

Just looking for thoughts and opinions.  Going to pick up a center console and bucket seats out of a 2 door XJ tomorrow.  Been looking for 2 door seats for awhile now.  The seats are in decent shape but are gray and my interior is blue.  Should I get the seats redone at a shop or should I go with the all gray interior.   Just looking for ideas for what people have done.   

Thanks

Whatever you do, the interior should be one color. I think gray seats with a blue interior would look ... odd.

My preference would be to go with an all-gray interior, but it's probably a lot easier to get the seats redone to match everything else.

Grey interior is common and boring but easy to find parts for. Blue, not so much. Also - there were two blue interiors. There was a lighter color colloquially known as "old man pants blue" and a darker navy blue. Both are fairly rare. I really don't like the lighter version but I really like the navy version. I think in either case it'll be a lot easier to have the seats done in blue than replace an entire interior, especially if you like the blue interior you have. Plus, you'll never have a better chance to go crazy with the seat fabrics. You should be able to find an interior paint that matches for the console.

If your seats are the 94 or older style, they can be converted to the "wingback" bucket seats if they aren't already by swapping the covers, foam, and bolsters from 4dr XJ seats. You can use the foam, bolsters, and bottom cushions from a passenger side seat and have practically like-new seats. That's what I did on mine. These seats started off as the flat base model buckets with destroyed vinyl covers.

JhMe0Qml.jpg

8 hours ago, Minuit said:

Grey interior is common and boring but easy to find parts for. Blue, not so much. Also - there were two blue interiors. There was a lighter color colloquially known as "old man pants blue" and a darker navy blue. Both are fairly rare. I really don't like the lighter version but I really like the navy version. I think in either case it'll be a lot easier to have the seats done in blue than replace an entire interior, especially if you like the blue interior you have. Plus, you'll never have a better chance to go crazy with the seat fabrics. You should be able to find an interior paint that matches for the console.

If your seats are the 94 or older style, they can be converted to the "wingback" bucket seats if they aren't already by swapping the covers, foam, and bolsters from 4dr XJ seats. You can use the foam, bolsters, and bottom cushions from a passenger side seat and have practically like-new seats. That's what I did on mine. These seats started off as the flat base model buckets with destroyed vinyl covers.

JhMe0Qml.jpg

They are power seats.  Do you know if they could be swapped to manual?  Will they be able to be adjusted/ tilt back?