3/4 gauge clusters

saveevryjp1998

How often have people seen 3/4 renix clusters in yards? How common were they? Does anyone know why they put only the 3/4 cluster in specifically instead of a full? Just pondering here, thanks in advance. People have asked me and I have no clue. I also know nobody seems to want 1 which I find odd since I rarely find them.

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

3/4 cluster was standard on the Chief and Pioneer levels. For the Renix years, I've seen more of those than the full clusters.

I have an 88 Olympic Pioneer and it came with dummy gauges. I never seen one in a yard that had anything other than the same. Not trying to argue, but I'm guessing that there is more to it. What years were the Chief offered? I should add that the 88 Olympic Pioneer I am referring to is a 2wd lwb 4.0. 

My '88 SporTruck (Base model) has the idiot lights. '88 Chief has the 3/4 instrument cluster. I bought my '88 Cherokee new, ordered in late 1987 and delivered in January of 1988. 3/4 cluster was standard, I paid extra to get the cluster with the tachometer. I'm pretty certain the Comanche option was the same as the Cherokee.

My '87 MJ Pioneer has the full instrument cluster, but I bought that used so I don't know what was standard. It has a number of other options, such as tow hooks, front grill guard, and Dana 44 rear axle, so I'm inclined to think the original owner optioned it out much the way I might have. I also once owned an '88 or '89 MJ Pioneer that had the full gauge cluster. I'm pretty certain that idiot lights were standard only on the base models in all years.

Somebody posted the MJ sales brochure on here a long time ago. It might have been Pete M. If anyone remembers where that was posted or has a link to it, please post the link.