97+ swap with weird electrical issues

I just finished up the 97+ swap in my comanche and i am having some weird problems, when i hook the battery up my lights are always on until i turn the key to the on position then they turn off, i do have codes 01698, p1694, nothing on my dash works including the odometer and my radio doesn't work too. Any  help on to where i should start with this?(already tried unplugging the cps and nothing changed)

Have you started or driven the truck at all yet or is this just the first time you had power going to it?

Sounds like you missed a ground somewhere or don't have a plug completely seated.  You should have a couple wires grounded under the drivers kick panel, I believe there is 3 that ground to the fender on the drivers side behind the computer, I'm pretty sure there is one under the center console, and then the various grounds to the engine block on the passenger side. 

My best guess is something under the dash or on the drivers fender since it's both the main computer and trans computer not being read. 

Other causes to the problem could be plugs not completely seated, various sensors, computers themselves but from all the symptoms you describe in guessing it's a ground or plug somewhere. 

3 hours ago, 1988manche said:

Will not start, turn the key to the start position and nothing. No click of the starter or anything

Yeah you have to be missing an electrical connection somewhere.  A random ground is the easiest to miss so you'll just have to start checking. 

Probably unrelated but I just rewired my 97+ and was having issues with the passage window not working and the taillights not working when parking was in. Went thru a whole list of fsm troubleshooting procedures and it ended up being I temporarily threw the dash in to route wires and didn't tighten it down. Apparently the dash bolts on the a pillar act as a ground, perhaps check that then dig into a fsm and start checking continuity

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk