AX-15 Shift Arm Needed

This is the part that the ball on the lower end of the shifter sits down into.  I can't find a part number or a seller for a new part.  Apparently, these aren't supposed to go bad.  But I'm rebuilding a tranny and the one that came out just doesn't look like something I want to put back in there.  Thanks!

Ron

SANY0003.JPG

SANY0011.JPG

that could be how it looked when new.  :dunno:  I don't have one to compare.  but I'm curious so I'm going to move this over to Tech and see what the others think.  :L:  I'd hate to see you spend money when it was just a weird casting from the start.

Thanks Pete.  You may be right about it just being a bad casting.  But I figured even if it was, the machined "cup" at the bottom should be complete.  I've never been inside a tranny before though, so what do I know?  Maybe somebody with more experience will have some input.

Jeep Driver, there was a nylon cover in place when I bought the tranny.  But I can't vouch for what has happened over it's lifetime.  FWIW, the hole doesn't look to be elongated though.  It just looks like they ran out of metal when they were doing the machining of the part and nobody caught it.  Being run without the nylon cover is still a possibility.  But I can't rule out either a bad casting or that it was machined a little too deep.  It might not hurt anything.  But the lack of an intact "cup" concerned me.

• 3 weeks later...

This wasn't an easy part to find.  But I finally came up with one at https://www.storksplows.com/  They rebuild Jeep transmissions and transfer cases, so consider them as another resource.  My shift arm arrived today and it looks almost EXACTLY like the one I already have!  So I'm going to assume that as nasty as this looks, it's not a problem.  Now I know.  If it's common for the machining to run out of material at the edge of this particular casting though, I'm a bit surprised that nobody else on here has run across it yet.

Back to rebuilding my tranny.