Gauges

I just finished an ls2 swap on a 1991 jeep Comanche. Everything is working good with the exception of the speedo and the tach. I have rang out all the wires from the cluster and hooked the white wire from the pcm to the stock rpm gauge and nothing works. I have tried an after market rpm gauge and that works fine. The speedo is hooked up to an atlas transfer case which gives basically an open and closure and I cannot get that to work either.  I am open to buying new gages if needed. I would sincerely appreciate any help or advise.

Thanks,

mark

1 hour ago, Manchemark said:

I just finished an ls2 swap on a 1991 jeep Comanche. Everything is working good with the exception of the speedo and the tach. I have rang out all the wires from the cluster and hooked the white wire from the pcm to the stock rpm gauge and nothing works. I have tried an after market rpm gauge and that works fine. The speedo is hooked up to an atlas transfer case which gives basically an open and closure and I cannot get that to work either.  I am open to buying new gages if needed. I would sincerely appreciate any help or advise.

What PCM and VSS are you using? Is the VSS 2-wire or 3-wire?

4 hours ago, Manchemark said:

Thanks for getting the post corrected. I will make sure I start a new post in the future.

HI Hornbrod - I am using a stock PCM out of a 2004 Escalade. I am not piggy backing the original pcm. The Vss is on the atlas transfer case and is a two wire VSS.

When I look up 2004 Escalade VSS it shows that it reads a tone ring, is the VSS in the Atlas gear driven? Are you assuming that the values or signals are compatible?

I'm not smart enough to mix and match decades old tech with more modern tech. Nor do I think you're going to run a single wire from a GM PCM to run a tach that was driven by a Chrysler PCM that you are no longer using. What is driving the tach?

Lost on me...............