1990 Black Eliminator Decals

I sold my JK a couple weeks ago, and just picked up this black '90 Eliminator.

780154890_20180805_153257(1).jpg.7dbf870a4ada632017d791e9213a1986.jpg

It was owned by an older guy for most of its life and towed behind an RV, so not a whole lot of rust, but it had a cheap paint job done some years ago and it is fading/chipping. There's a few spots of rust coming through the paint, and I want to take it to a good body shop here to get it all fixed up. Looking at other Eliminators, though, the 1st gen styles all have stripes along the running boards like the one below, and mine doesn't. Are the black ones supposed to have this stripe, or was that left out the last time mine was painted? Mine's in fairly good shape so my goal is to restore it and make make it look as original as possible, just with 31x10.5s.

5151526875_f00fcdbdf3_b.jpg.4f5bc227068a1827a7cc2b735b9f302d.jpg

^Image from google for reference

our trucks rot from the inside-out, so just make sure you know what you're getting into by checking for filler in the rockers using a fridge magnet, pulling up the carpets to check the floors, and peering up both in front and behind the rear tire to check the rust propagation inside the bed.  :L:   

3 hours ago, keeponjeepinon said:

I sold my JK a couple weeks ago, and just picked up this black '90 Eliminator.

Looking at other Eliminators, though, the 1st gen styles all have stripes along the running boards like the one below, and mine doesn't. Are the black ones supposed to have this stripe, or was that left out the last time mine was painted?

Yes, all the Eliminators had custom graphics and body side moldings, including the black ones. For the graphics you can go here.

j125_2.jpg

For the body side moldings, good luck. I pieced mine together from various sources over time.

RedSwoosh.jpg.0b7c2c5d5b9379286b70a5aa4ca18cd8.jpg

53 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Yes, all the Eliminators had custom graphics and body side moldings, including the black ones. For the graphics you can go here.

j125_2.jpg

For the body side moldings, good luck. I pieced mine together from various sources over time.

image.jpeg.b619da5022a464cb3f4806b3c3cab52a.jpeg

How are the side moldings attached?  Did you have to drill holes in your sheet metal to accept some kind of push rivets?

35 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

How are the side moldings attached?  Did you have to drill holes in your sheet metal to accept some kind of push rivets?

It's rubber molding attached using 3M double sided tape.