AW4 Transmission Problem

14 minutes ago, Griff04 said:

1. Does the AW4 have what I’ll call a downshift passing gear? I never really noticed if the original had one or not? If it does maybe its just an adjustment I need to make?  

2. I know this is going to sound anal but gear position indicator on the steering wheel column is not in the correct position. When its drive the indicator is showing it in the neutral position. Is there also an adjustment on this also?

1. The Throttle Valve (TV) cable is probably out of adjustment.  Do this:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Griff04 said:

1. Does the AW4 have what I’ll call a downshift passing gear? I never really noticed if the original had one or not? If it does maybe its just an adjustment I need to make?  

2. I know this is going to sound anal but gear position indicator on the steering wheel column is not in the correct position. When its drive the indicator is showing it in the neutral position. Is there also an adjustment on this also?

1- if you floor it and doesn´t shift down the TV cable is loose, adjust

2- did you mess with the linkage?

3 minutes ago, omega_rugal said:

1- if you floor it and doesn´t shift down the TV cable is loose, adjust

2- did you mess with the linkage?

I’ll try the TV cable adjustment if it ever quits raining. 

In regards to the linkage, I had to disconnect it when I replaced the tranny. 

13 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

It can be adjusted , follow the cable from the gauge cluster to the steering column and remove the retaining clip from the column and reinstall in the park position when the trucks in park . Test to make sure it's accurate afterwards 

Gonna have to take a closer look at this over the weekend. Little confused on where it goes into the steering column but will just have to take a look at it. 

Thx

• 4 weeks later...

Well it’s been a minute since I’ve been on the site. Between working and spending every free moment at the hunting lease putting in new food plots and stands I just have not had time to do anything on the MJ. I have used it quite a bit on the lease since the tranny replacement though and it’s been fine, round trip 70 miles, 4-5 times a week, hasn’t missed a beat. 

As much as I hate it at this point I’m weighing my options on it, really need more room, extended or quad cab. Not sure what I’m going to do. 

Later and appreciate everyone’s help. 

Griff04