A Dana 30, high pinion...

Oops, I thought I included the parts vehicle... a 2000 Cherokee, into my 1987 Comanche. Yes, I want to eliminate the CAD. Plus, I need to match it to my rear diff (3.73) so, why not install the gearing on the parts axle, while it is out and then install it.

The owner is a Jeep guy, as well as a friend. He told me that it would need a carrier as well as a ring and pinion, for the rebuild. Now to see if another friend of mine, is willing to rebuild it!

I do not know beans about building axles!

If it's a '99, be careful. Jeep switched rotors in mid-year 1999. The early ones are the composite rotors that were used from around 90 or '91 up to mid-'99. These are, in a word, "crap." They are prone to warpage and, in the rust belt, they had a nasty habit of spontaneously disassembling themselves. To be able to buy replacement rotors and hub assemblies, you have to have the vehicle VIN, because they don't interchange (unless you change both the hub and rotor together).

The owner is a Jeep guy, as well as a friend. He told me that it would need a carrier as well as a ring and pinion, for the rebuild. Now to see if another friend of mine, is willing to rebuild it!

I do not know beans about building axles!
Correct there is a different carrier 3.73 and up.

And id imagen it being a 2000, probably auto, its 3.55 factory geared.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk