Well, not going back to that shop

Knucklehead97

Took a vacation from work and have been on the Jeep getting her back on the road. Ordered my tires, got my brakes figured out, tightened up suspension. Got her running again, she cranked right up! So with that, I've started looking into getting my 8.25 set up for an MJ. I called a local 4wd shop about welding the perches for me (they specialize in Jeep's apparently) and the guy's exact words were "You don't have to weld perches. Just tighten the Ubolts as much as possible and you'll be fine!". I told him thanks for the advice and carried on my search. This type of thing is why I do my own work...

It was a little shop in Oxford (kinda local for me) that a few friends recommended to me. Funny story about Rusty's is when I went and got their forged Sway Bar Disconnects, the chick at the desk tried to talk me out of buying XJ ones due to "possible fitment issues" on an MJ. The disconnects fit perfectly and are actually a well made product from what I can tell. I just question how some businesses do so well for themselves.

24 minutes ago, Knucklehead97 said:

<snip>   I just question how some businesses do so well for themselves.

Business frequently succeed, in spite of themselves very often.

Learned that quite a few years ago.  Just because the shop does some things well - doesn't mean they do all things well.  Issue for us, is to figure out who does what well and go there.

10 hours ago, johnj92131 said:

Business frequently succeed, in spite of themselves very often.

Learned that quite a few years ago.  Just because the shop does some things well - doesn't mean they do all things well.  Issue for us, is to figure out who does what well and go there.

I'm seeming to find most of the bad shops around here. I would just do it myself if I knew how to weld. I had one shop last year tell me that my Ford Contour needed a timing chain even though it was a belt driven system engine. He said I was thinking of the serpentine belt and the chain was deep inside the engine...