Whirring and frustrations

Alright people, I've just completed my first MAJOR OPERATION. I pulled the tranny and changed the clutch flywheel and input shaft seal all with no help. The reason for doing all of this was a number of things, a slow drip or trans fluid, a whirring noise, and the internal slave going out.

Ive solved the slow drip and the internal slave but I still have the whirring.

It happens when the truck in running with my foot off the clutch and gets louder and higher pitched as the rpms go up while in gear.

When the clutch pedal is depressed the noise stops and when in neutral the noise can only be heard at idle speed (does not get louder with higher revs).....

The only thing I can think of would be this bearing not being changed

What would you call this? I call it a input shaft bearing , but I can't seem to find that anywhere, and do you think that this being bad could be the cause of the noise

Thanks in advance guys and gals 2b0f0b33735c0b40409912d92e7327a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, madog7200 said:

What would you call this? I call it a input shaft bearing , but I can't seem to find that anywhere, and do you think that this being bad could be the cause of the noise2b0f0b33735c0b40409912d92e7327a5.jpg

Input shaft bearing, p/n 83506074, 92mmODx25.5mmWD. Plenty on Ebay and elsewhere. Your problem sounds like a throwout bearing though..

Here is a good way to check for throw-out bearing noise:   when engine is running (and making the whirring noise you report), LIGHTLY apply force to the clutch pedal, just enough to load the throw-out beaing against the clutch pressure plate assembly.

If the noise changes in tone or volume, then it's the throw-out bearing that is your problem.

So I'm still stuck lol... I'm really hoping it's that input shaft bearing because if it isn't the only other thing I can think of would be something internal in the tranny which kinda bums me out when I think about it

The noise I have is certainly not normal... I joke with people and tell them it's my supercharger. That's what it sounds similar to like the whining of a supercharger