Give me a brake....

2 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Guys that like drum brakes also like carburetors, 6V positive ground electrical systems, Lucas electrics, AM radios, mechanical fuel pumps, hubcaps, roll-down windows, generators, faux wood paneling, bench seats, and Renix ignition systems.   :peep:

I like these:

Dash.jpg.3f2253175cd11c9eefb0f213ce2ddb53.jpg

And these:

5abbfd704b34e_4track.jpg.4dd707f6e5ffd6e8b5ea292b1b211de6.jpg

And These:

feelers.jpg.cdc3ab989d9d8cc38d9833eb99c34e00.jpg

And these:

Records.jpg.183c40dd1966727d9ab97d06fea9f935.jpg

youngfred

Hey HOrnbrod... guilty as charged. Maybe minus the 6v positive ground electrical system. I mean realistically if you found a completely unmolested, low mile Comanche for ( enter your ridiculously low price) you’d jump all over it. With that in mind I would highly doubt IMHO that you’d swap brakes, rear diff, throw a lift kit on, change all the suspension and do a complete 97 interior upgrade... just saying. You may though and that would be your choice. In the end though, I still have to get rear brakes!!! 

well, now I need a record player in my Jeep.  just great...  :D

hypothetical arguments and issues aside, at the end of the day this particular disk brake upgrade is as cheap and as easy as they come.  :thumbsup:   hit the junkyard, find a ZJ with stuff in decent shape, bring parts home, install.  

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/rear-zj-disc-brakes-cherokee-xj-chrysler-8-25-a-57807/ 

1 hour ago, 13 Legion said:

I mean realistically if you found a completely unmolested, low mile Comanche for ( enter your ridiculously low price) you’d jump all over it. With that in mind I would highly doubt IMHO that you’d swap brakes, rear diff, throw a lift kit on, change all the suspension and do a complete 97 interior upgrade... just saying. You may though and that would be your choice. In the end though, I still have to get rear brakes!!! 

Depends on the Comanche. if it were a Renix, I'd flip it. If an HO I'd swap in rear disks, junk the rear end if it were a D35, and beef up the suspension a bit with ZJ and OME  parts.