Ticking after engine shut down

Driving me crazy, I can't find a very recent discussion on this.

Now that I have my truck running again after manifolds removal, I am hearing ticking coming from under the hood after I shut my engine down.  I remember glancing over a recent post concerning this but cannot remember what you guys said.  Injectors?  Something about noise echoing in the intake or something? 

The funny thing is that i never noticed this in my engine before my manifolds removal.  Engine runs better than ever, but this ticking is quite noticeable--not really a "engine-cooling-down" tick, but sounds a little more mechanical than thermal.   i don't think it is a relay ticking kind of noise either, but I'm not sure.  Sorry i can't seem to find the post, but can you guys share your thoughts on this topic once again.    

Normally you're just hearing the exhaust shrinking back to shape.  If it's loaded up, the joints are too tight or too loose, or whatever other random factors can exaggerate this.

It could be something else too.  Without hearing it I've got no idea.  Noise diagnosis without being able to hear it is well, futile.

I remember after my 01 intake manifold swap the ticking noises after shutdown were much more pronounced than before. It ran great, so I wasn't concerned about it. I attributed it to the better sealed intake and exhaust manifolds due to the new gaskets, but that was just a guess. It eventually seemed to die down, or maybe I just got used to it.  :dunno:

11 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

I remember after my 01 intake manifold swap the ticking noises after shutdown were much more pronounced than before. It ran great, so I wasn't concerned about it. I attributed it to the better sealed intake and exhaust manifolds due to the new gaskets, but that was just a guess. It eventually seemed to die down, or maybe I just got used to it.  :dunno:

That sounds like a reasonable theory.  As I've said, it's running the best it has ever run since I've owned it now.  I'll run with this thought.  Thanks fellas.