Jump to content

a/c recharge

Recommended Posts

the bottles you're referring to are r134a refrigerant, but our trucks came with r12. the adapters can be had at most auto parts stores, however you may need to replace some parts due to leaks. you also have to remove all the r12 before converting. while you can vent it to the atmosphere on your own, this is illegal and should be done by a licensed shop. the other possibility is recharging with r12 at a licensed shop, but r12 is considerably more expensive than r134a.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just tried to convert my '89 to 134 & we found a leaking Schrader valve. Thought it would be no big deal except we could not find a replacement. Apparently they have been discontinued & the only solution other than a junkyard replacement(which may also leak) is a new aftermarket compressor. :headpop: Good thing winter is right around the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...