Conversion from 90' t the 2000'

Hi everybody, so I have this 90 2wd, I'm trying to restore it, right now I want to put this 2000' front from an XJ on MJ, but I noticed that I need to change the fenders as well for the 2000' fenders, so I would like to know if there is anything more that i need to change, I've seen that everyone who made this conversion change the doors too, is this necessary?

Thanks, i would upload some photos when i get home right now I'm at work

even the fenders aren't "necessary".  the old fenders just won't quite match in the corner where they meet the new header.  It's purely an aesthetic reason.  same with the doors.  people like to upgrade for the full look and they can go as far as they wish. :thumbsup: .   should be some writeups in the link in my sig.

On 2/10/2018 at 2:51 PM, Pete M said:

even the fenders aren't "necessary".  the old fenders just won't quite match in the corner where they meet the new header.  It's purely an aesthetic reason.  same with the doors.  people like to upgrade for the full look and they can go as far as they wish. :thumbsup: .   should be some writeups in the link in my sig.

That mismatch can be overcome. Before mounting the new header, fill in the upper, outside corners with bondo. After the header is mounted, just grind it down to blend into the feder contours. Bob Salemi (of the pro stock MJ) did that on his XJ.