MJ tire rub issue

His pinion angle is way off, pinion pointing down.

Looks like uppers are too short. 

Axle has got to be off center. 

First thing is to get your pinion right.

Second is get the axle centered. 

Third is alignment. 

Then worry about rubbing..............doubt it will rub after you get the rest fixed. 

12 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Can't see the whole end-to-end of the drag link and track bar, but they are no where near parallel. Also how long are those aftermarket LCAs? Looks like the UCAs are stockers.

Also for better clarity I merged your pics.

Thanks! The lca's are RC replacement arms for 4.5 lift. The uca's are the oem MJ ones.

4 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Third is alignment. 

Then worry about rubbing..............doubt it will rub after you get the rest fixed. 

I appreciate his info. The thing I can't figure is the spindle steering stop bolt. On the pass side it hits it's stop about the same time the tire touches the sway bar link. So would something else be bent as well?

1 minute ago, 88jeep1 said:

I appreciate his info. The thing I can't figure is the spindle steering stop bolt. On the pass side it hits it's stop about the same time the tire touches the sway bar link. So would something else be bent as well?

Probably because your axle isn't centered. Wheels straight and level ground, measure from the frame rail to a point on the inside wheel, same points on both sides. This will roughly tell you how bad the axle centering is.

Why I ask if something could be major bent axle wise is because when I got this truck I noticed the lca on the pass side the upper mount of it had something broke.  There's an inner adjustable sleeve. I believe it's to keep the bolt from moving on the elongated area my pass side has way more shims in it then the driver's side. I added more washers to it to get my wheelbase right to match the driver's side measurements.  From the pics you can see what I'm talking about. I think this truck took a hard hit on it's suspension at one time.

IMG_20180204_140907554_LL.jpg

24 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Third is alignment. 

IMG_20180204_141828504_LL.jpg

22 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Damn, those shims are ridiculous. You need to measure the actual caster angle on both sides with an angle finder. That affects the pinion angle of course too. W/o measurements it's guessing......

Exactly where I'm at I was guessing hopefully I was good at. It seems to go down the road fairly straightforward right now.  I will buy that and have to get back to everyone on my results.