Slave over extending?

Hey guys,

Just finished the ax15 swap on my 4banger comanche. I originally bought a prebled unit from rock auto. I bolted everything up and it worked great for all of about one pedal press. By the second pedal press the pedal went all the way to the floor and fluid was coming out of the bell housing. I took the dust cover off and I found the slave push rod and rubber boot in the bell housing, with fluid coming out of the slave.

How should I go about fixing this? Another prebled unit? just replace the slave or fix the one I have now?

On 1/8/2018 at 12:45 PM, Jeep Driver said:

Do you have a photograph of the fork and throwout bearing and the bearing sleeve on the transmission another words the way you set it up before you put it in

I do not have a picture unfortunately

58 minutes ago, 88whitemanche said:

Did it have the zip tie on it? 

Mine had the same issue but it needed the zip tie part to apply enough pressure to not shoot out 

it happened to me about 10 attempts till I realized it and gave in and bought a new slave cylinder (had a used unit)

It had it, but i cut them out before I installed it. I should just replace the slave? I have a slave from a 1996 xj, I'm not sure how it would come a part because I bout a pre bled system

Yeah the zip tie is there for that reason 

You might be able to finagle a way to apply abit of pressure to it like a rubber band or something 

but have you already pulled the parts out the trans tunnel? 

If the fluid bled out you’ll have to put everything back together and bleed it again