Krusty Sliders Install for LWB Comanches

Hi all,

Thought I'd give a write up a shot, and I've been meaning to post one about my experience working with and installing @krustyballer16's custom sliders. Working with Krusty was a breeze, and he was quick to send pictures and answer any questions. While there weren't any instructions, it is very straight forward, and all of the hardware is shipped along with a drill bit for the frame. 

It took about 3 weeks for the sliders to arrive after placing the order, which worked out perfect with my Thanksgiving travel plans. It's 50% upfront for the materials, and 50% before the sliders are shipped out. The came taped together with the nuts, bolts, and drill tip. We cleaned them up and removed off the excess tape and residue from the packaging, then lined them up on the frame for install. We used a grinder to get to the bare metal on the frame before making our marks.

j84vKgf.jpg

zvwa3VP.jpg

P0oCloP.jpg

Each slider is 8 bolts, and you have to drill through the frame. There are several additional screws that go through a few tabs and into the cab's flanges down below. We lined up the holes with a jack then drilled through.

ivRUtZm.jpg

jTzorTq.jpg

In the meantime I added a couple layers of primer, followed by some paint. 

Gt93rFw.jpg

lgOYcca.jpg

Then we realigned the sliders, tightened the nuts and bolts, and had a 360 weld done around the base plate of each slider arm. They are great quality, I'm extremely happy with my purchase. They are also the very first set of LWB sliders Krusty has done, and I couldn't be more impressed!

yqYtmTv.jpg

gD8YoEz.jpg

Nice writeup, and they look great. Been thinking about these for awhile now, but thought they didn't follow the rocker panel body line as in shelbyluvv's original writeup on his install. Would like to see some additional pics of the undercarriage at the frame and rocker pinch seam attachment points if possible.  Hmmmmm.....

On 12/16/2017 at 9:58 AM, HOrnbrod said:

Nice writeup, and they look great. Been thinking about these for awhile now, but thought they didn't follow the rocker panel body line as in shelbyluvv's original writeup on his install. Would like to see some additional pics of the undercarriage at the frame and rocker pinch seam attachment points if possible.  Hmmmmm.....

I will post some later today!! 

Shelbyluvvs don't follow the body like every set since his do he designed his for his truck then the next person didn't like how they fit so I adjusted them to follow the rockers. His are also 4" main tube instead of the current 3".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• shelbyluvv changed the title to Krusty Sliders Install for LWB COmanches