4" lift on LWB question

I just got me rustys 4" rear packs today :D they sent the tcase lowering kit and 2.5 * angle shims .

my question is do I need them? and on the tcase drop kit they only have two aluminium blocks doesnt the MJ have 4 spots that the crossmemeber attaches too?. If so what do I do about the other too locattions? block them too or do what rustys sugjested and not worry about them ? :?

CONGRATS!! How do they look?

I ordered a set Saturday, when my AAL I put in Saturday, didn't.....lift that is. :)

I don't expect you will need the lowering kit, the LWB is prety forgiving in the angles reguard.

CW

They look Saweet! I can hardly wait to get em on, just waiting on a 3.55 d30 to go with my MJ d44 goaan do a lift and axle swap all in one .

I am just tryin to get my homework done before the big day :D

That inch may match perfectly with the lift. :D

I'd recommend changing the U-joints in the driveshafts. MJs don't need the same bandaids as XJs, but no U-joint likes a sudden change in operating angle.

Jeep on!

--Pete

That inch may match perfectly with the lift. :D

I'd recommend changing the U-joints in the driveshafts. MJs don't need the same bandaids as XJs, but no U-joint likes a sudden change in operating angle.

Jeep on!

--Pet[/code]

We can hope! I was just making sure he was aware to check the slip yoke, no one wants a busted T-case housing because it got jammed up in there.

I am looking for a 91+ D30 , just to try and get a newer maybe less worn out front end . I also want to stay away from the older style D30 with the adjusters under the lower ball joint.

I actualy prefer a CAD axle It makes running a lockrite a lot smoother on the street

Can you get larger joints for a D30 CAD axle?.

the MJ is my DD and open trail ride , I save my YJ for the silly stuff.

Not that I don't think the MJ will handle it , but they are gettin scarce and I plan on havin this one to be burried in :-D So the larger joints are not much of an issue for me right now.

I have tried car part but the hits I got where a hair to far for the ole girl right now. Besides a freind of mine owns a car lot and is scouring the autions for a rear wrecked XJ with low miles , He'll find one soon I am just spaztic right now wanting to get it going :D

You need new shafts to run the larger joints and rumor has it that the 95 (maybe 94 too) YJ has a CAD front axle with the larger joints. You can go junkyard or buy new ones in the aftermarket. I've heard lots of opinions that front Lockrights handle just fine with the non-CAD axles, but I guess having it open is even better.

Jeep on!

--Pete

Lunch box lockers DO FUNTION just fine and are near invisable in 2WD on the street!!

I drove my TJ for most of a year with a AUSSIE in the LO-pinion D30 up front. Most of the time I did not even hear the click click click in the corners!!! So it will be fine in a disco or non-disco axle.

CW

Hey CABZ.

Could you throw a tape on your springs for me? I got one of mine today and they measure 53" eye to eye. I measured the ones on my MJ (weight on them) @ 57"-58". I am worried these new ones from RUSTYS, may be too short!!!

Any body KNOW the legnth the factory leaf springs SHOULD be???

The pkg sys "2 of 2", so some how they must have gotten seperated....hope the damn label didnt fall off!!!!!

CW

Thanks for the SUPER FAST reply!!! I am glad I caught you on line!!!

Did you by chance measure your old ones? I could have the numbers wrong, I did it by myself and could have made an error. I remember having to do it front to center and rear to center and add them together.....

Now there is 6" of fresh snow on the ground and I am....well comfortable here in the house!! :oops:

CW

Nope the old ones are still on :( I'm waiting on a D30 before I lift her up :D

The new packs are ging to work fine once some weight is on them, I hope :?

I have seen many companys make lift springs for YJ's and they do not take into account that the spring must be a bit longer depending on the lift

I think the rustys springs are gonna be okay I just need to get em on

I think you need to measure them along the leafs. I think my Alcans measured 62". I can go check in the morning. I also have my old set of stock leafs sitting behind the garage. I seem to remember them being 57". I wil check tommorow for you guys.

Patrick

My other spring is sittin in a UPS warehouse somewhere!! it hasnt been delivered as yet!!

I spoke with RUSTYS this aftnoon. they said its correct and its because of all the free arch. it will legnthen as weight is applied. it is correct.

Hopefully I get the other spring soon....i WAS going to install Saturday....not now!!

CW

The Rancho suspension catalog has no listing for a complete spring pack for the MJ, but they do have one for the XJ. The XJ spring is listed as 51.50" eye-to-eye. I know MJ springs are 5" longer than XJ springs. I still think Rusty sent you XJ springs, but tomorrow I'll try to get out to the shed and measure up the new XJ packs and old MJ packs I have out there to see which is closer to 53".

I have a pair of stock MJ springs out of an '87. I just measured the one that doesn't have the broken leaf -- 51-3/4" eye-to-eye. That's measured straight line, not along the curve.

THANKS MAN!!!

I have been REALLY skeptical of RUSTYS. I have called them twice since the order last Saturday. The service I have received is TOP NOTCH!! They even called me back to be sure of the tracking number of the spring I had received. They REALLY seem conserned and are doing what they can to locate the missing spring.

I am not upset for only receiving one, I know these things happen, and fully expect the other to arrive early next week. My calls where about the legnth more than the missing spring. They assure me the reason for the shortness is because of the free arch. Today, I need to do some things on the MJ so I wall get a accurate measurement of the springs on the vehicle.

Thanks,

CW