what length... 6.5" lift

need some shocks for a 6.5" lift, what do I need. just give me a number that will work, I'm not picky.

how long should a trackbar be set to (adjustable one) for a 6.5" lift?

I bought it new and it didn't come with instructions...and you guys are just as good at answering as rough country is.

Are you wanting specifics on certain shocks or what?

Any 6.5" lifted XJ shock will work on the front of a MJ. Most online vendors will specify what lift height they are for.

Looking for cheap? Here are 2 good alternatives..

Rustys - http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RM000&Category_Code=SHOCKS

RK - http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info. ... s_id/27456

In regards to the trac bar, I've never seen 2 rigs with the same springs ever have the trac bar setup the exact same length. Your best bet is to simply center the axle under the MJ, than install the trackbar. If you want to be anal, select a common point on each side (top of fender works well), install tires, and than run a peice of string with a weight down from the common point, measure and center your axle off that that reference. I've been doing it this way for a long time and it works great.

thank you very much.

I'm ordering the second set, cause I honestly don't care right now. it just has to work, and I'm trying to keep the lift under $750 (price right now is $610) since I'm making the control arms, swaybar links, SOA the rear

a buddy of mine used a set of shocks for a toytota pickup. he has a ZJ with about 8" of lift. he says they're plenty long enough. i'll prolly put them under my manche once it's lifted a little more. cheap alternative, he picked them up at napa for about 50 bucks.

a buddy of mine used a set of shocks for a toytota pickup. he has a ZJ with about 8" of lift. he says they're plenty long enough. i'll prolly put them under my manche once it's lifted a little more. cheap alternative, he picked them up at napa for about 50 bucks.

if theres any way you could get part #s and/or measurements off those shocks that'd be great man. saving $$ is goood :cheers:

My experience on Pong has been Use the JKs bayonet eliminators and go with 26" shock eye to eye. Thats with Rusty's 6.5 coils

As for the trac bar.. I prefer to center my axle uing the center of the bumpstop, and the running the plumb bomb down, then measure off the center of the upper ball joint :brows:

My experience on Pong has been Use the JKs bayonet eliminators and go with 26" shock eye to eye. Thats with Rusty's 6.5 coils

As for the trac bar.. I prefer to center my axle uing the center of the bumpstop, and the running the plumb bomb down, then measure off the center of the upper ball joint :brows:

I have no idea what you just said