Bad Fuel?

So i'm going to look at/buy an 89 2wd comanche tuesday. The guy told me that it would turn over and start to run but when the rpm's drop it dies. He said it has been sitting for a while. I was thinking bad gas? *noob question warning*Do you think it would run if i just poured some fresh gas into the tank with the old gas?:nuts: I know it would be better to drain the tank and replace the fuel filter but i won't have time to do it where the thing sits. Does the tank have a drain plug?. I'm just trying to avoild trailer this thing home.

IMHO, fuel takes a while to go bad. Yes, if you live in a warm area and keep the truck outside it happens a little faster. But still, it should remain stable enough to not affect engine operation, at all, for at least 6 months. And it has to be really bad to cause major issues. EFI vehicles doesn't react as bad to it as a carbed engine would. Even if it is really bad it'll normally stay running, just not very well.

Anyways, sounds like this truck has a friend/disconnected fuel pump ballast resistor. Big ceramic block on the inner fender on the driver's side. Without it the truck will start and run for a few seconds, then die. Then you turn the key over and it does the same thing.

Anyways, sounds like this truck has a friend/disconnected fuel pump ballast resistor. Big ceramic block on the inner fender on the driver's side. Without it the truck will start and run for a few seconds, then die. Then you turn the key over and it does the same thing.

I just had this happen to me my truck it sat for about a year and would not stay running. So i thougt bad gas as well then i got to thinking about the fuel pump as i did not here it running like i do on the wifes 87. So long story short i asked here was told about this block. Jumped the wire togther and she ran like a dream.