"Field Pickup" 88 4.0 5 speed 4X4 LWB

895XJ

What started out as a mice infested field pickup is nicely turning into a daily driver. This 88 MJ was posted on a local trader website for $1200 and I called immediately and went and looked at it. It has some rust, was rarely driven so the gas was old, mice had caused some wiring issues, the AC didn't work and I'm not a fan of closed cooling. I ended up getting it for $750 and end did a lot of disregarded maintenance and an r134 swap. Overall it's turning into a nice daily driver and the issues it still has are really a drop in the bucket. I plan to eventually have a 3" lift, 31s, swap in my 3.55 8.25 and front end, swap in my ax15 and 23 spline 8.25 and power windows and locks. Il'll let the pictures speak for themselves and I know I'm missing some. Any questions, please ask!

How easy was it to swap that gauge cluster in? I have the old one with idiot lights but have the newer one in my garage. Is it a lot of work?

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had full gauges without a tach so it was plug and play for me. For you with idiot lights you need to swap your temp sensor and oil pressure sender, then it will be plug and playĀ 

nice truck, I think you might be the first person I've ever heard say that they don't like turbines.

Not a huge fan of them, I think they'd look great on a black XJ or MJ however the simple 6 spoke steels are still my favorite