90 Short box --> 98 swap

Well I figured out there was a chunk of goopy gas saturated rubber plugging my pump from actually sucking fuel. Cleaned it all up and she runs. She doesn't like to idle though. Soon as you let off the gas she dies out.

Used some leftover raptor liner to line my floors. It's the tintable and I didn't have any base color so it's just white and I'll rattle can over it black 88fb79d0c4ef2b53fb1bcec140cd4d91.jpgafb2a827d469188bd1c1c4226c2806a8.jpg

Also I found a super clean charcoal interior Xj at the pull a part so I've been snagging interior from it just need to snag the seats one of these days, the coin tray, and the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that MJ with the yellow flares on Craigslist for the longest time and those big red bay doors look extremely similar to lejuene! Where are located I've been on new river for some time now.

Yea I had it on there for awhile I didn't want to just give it away lol but I didn't need two projects at one time. I'm still on Lejeune been here since 2013

1e3f75bf0ff5128878cf9f457b038c54.jpg285f54c01231cb095b582494ff534eb8.jpg

Well I got the interior finished! Well minus a small spot where I ran out of paint to cover the raptor liner. And I need to snag a radio off of Amazon or someplace.

Well I couldn't stand having it 3 colors and while waiting on a driveshaft to come in the mail I decided to sand it and paint it. It's nothing special and I did no body work(I will after I get settled into my new job and house in May)

At the same time I swapped out the MJ shackles for XJ to drop the back a bit, still needs to go about 2 inches lower

1260c27634741e2dd4dd4e7f2b458fff.jpg2e94bc2aaf5dadf2974f37c02d85b3d1.jpg17cc73923a658245b3e7d29d3d3c2f7e.jpg

I also got my fans mounted on my radiator

f6c9aacd015e9c7744e74ad67a09d3c5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well after getting a driveshaft that fit and putting it down the road for the initial test drive I had the passenger front caliber locked up so after getting that replaced I drove it to work it was running. About 220-230 degrees. So I flipped the fans to the inside of the radiator and put a small spacer in the back of the hood. I replaced the rear diff fluid which was thick chocolate milk. I also notice the yoke had a lot of play, that ended up being the missing crush seal. After getting all that finally settled and it running smooth I got a nasty tranny leak. So I pulled the tranny because the first time I mated them I kinda forced them so I'm thinning the TC didn't seal up correct so I pulled the TC and replaced the seal on the front pump while I was there just in case now I'm just trying to get everything lined up without having to force it all together 613e4f94de440c0b9c821c35278b3d17.jpgdda9949d7e7c446a9d1a844c34a445f2.jpg

I went to the junk yard to get a driveshaft I ended up snagging a rear sound bar from a XJ so I mounted that up

• 2 weeks later...

Well the tranny was leaking and I need to drive it 600 miles next month so the jeeps been at the shop getting the tranny fixed. Just got it back yesterday so now I can finish everything up

Turned out they didn't tighten all the TC bolts. The top two stuff out far enough to rub in the inspection plate. Now I'm tracing down a solenoid problems having some shifting issues so time to hit the junk yard and grab some solenoids

• 2 weeks later...

So I've replaced the pinion and carrier bearing still need todo the wheel bearings but those will have to wait. My Cps crapped out on my so that got replaced as well as injectors getting rebuild due to getting bad gas!

The washer and nut you see are from the way my XJ fuel pump I put in the MJ tank d372a81785957444f5368a186ef6a3a5.jpg

I snagged a killer deal from a local jeep group last weekend and got a TJ tank and skid for 50$ so I pulled the MJ tank and put the TJ tank behind the rear axle almost took zero fab work to be honest 10b2613413cfd09043fb968c5a83d553.jpgc1cd71835f959637776f889310c0f98f.jpg

Cut a hole in my bed for the fuel filler to go through and so I'm waiting on a 45degree bend 1 1/4" fuel hose to get it to properly come threw and then I will flush mount a filler neck in the bed