XJ Springs on MJ

Hey guys, 

I am about to finish my build, but i am stuck on something. I am putting a 1999 XJ difs on my MJ, I did the instal already and it gave me a good lift in the back, but i am not happy with that lift. I want to weld some spring pad perches on the bottom of my XJ dif so it can fit on like the original dif. My question is, If I get a Lift for an XJ that comes with the complete Leaf springs, will i be able to mount the differential over the leaf spring like the MJ comes originally, or will i have to spend a little extra penny and get one for an MJ.

If this has been answered or asked before, feel free to send me the link of the post

Thanks!!!

MJ perch center to center is 42", on under side of axle. XJ is something like 43" on top side.

I made a spring under Bastard pack using Dakota leaves, XJ leaves and a stock 2wd and another stock 4wd MJ leaf packs. And then a set of GM lowering shackles. And Monroe load assists for shocks.

Mixed and matched until I was where I liked it.

As I have an 8.8 under it now, it lowered my rear about 3/4" and the spring perches used dropped me another 1/2". If the 99 XJ axle is an 8.25 expect similar results you'll have to account for as well. But the strength gain from a 99 8.25 is well worth it.

I built my pack to take weight, for towing and hauling crap, so I went fairly stiff in the rear. If I pull the load assists it's much smoother and drops about 3/4".

dd00d488829bd8481572a03eee78c90c.jpg

That's with a 32" tire to add perspective.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk