Installing upper control arms?

NO as long as you support everything good is is pretty simple to just swap them. It can take some work to get the holes to line up if your going diff length but all in all not to bad of a job.

Cole

Every time I've done them I don't even jack the vehicle. I leave the lowers attached, leave the wheels on and simply do 1 side at a time. Attach it to the body first than attach it to the axle. If you have problems lining them them I've used a ratchet strap and hooked it to the rear hitch to "tug" it into place.

Last set I swapped out I had both sides done in 30 mins. Would of taken me twice as long if I jacked the vehicle up, took of wheels, etc etc.

Call it my anal nature.. I won't work on a vehicle unless it is supported by tires or jacks :brows: Maybe I have had bad luck with crap I have owned... never been able to do just one side with out a whole lot of fighting and cussing.

Every time I've done them I don't even jack the vehicle. I leave the lowers attached, leave the wheels on and simply do 1 side at a time. Attach it to the body first than attach it to the axle. If you have problems lining them them I've used a ratchet strap and hooked it to the rear hitch to "tug" it into place.

Last set I swapped out I had both sides done in 30 mins. Would of taken me twice as long if I jacked the vehicle up, took of wheels, etc etc.

DITTO!!! Only I don't use a strap anylonger...the PIPE WRENCH trick is WAY BETTER!!!

I recently swapped the uppers in my TJ. It took about 30 mins and that was WITH a beer between the sides!!!

CW

Pretty much, yes.

Those I would likely want to get the vehicle up on good stands. With an additional set under the axle just supporting the axles weight not vehicles weight.

Look back at the pix in my thread where I did the drop brackets and you'll see what I mean.

CW