Slip yoke pulled out the t-case!

:headpop: Well went out wheelin today and 10 min into play time drive shaft pulled out the t-case and kinked up and broke the slip yoke. jamminz.gif good time tough. Well figured it would happen with putting the puke back in, but thats how it goes. But my question is... I have a spring over in the rear, so naturaly the driveshaft is not long like stock, so was wondering if I did a 1" t-case drop and got the rubicon slip yoke sleeve, http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products. ... C882539327

if this whould pretty much put me back at like stock? Figuring the length of an AX-15/231 set up cause thats what I'll be running. The puke is only temp for the ax-15 rebuild. :driving: So let me know what you think.

I would recommend getting a 2wd driveshaft and have it cut down to the exact right length or better yet, take in any MJ shaft and have them re-tube it using your current ends. T-case drops eat up ground clearance and the slip yoke deelie is just a bandaid.

The YJ yoke is only marginally longer than the XJ/MJ one, about ½ - 5/8 inch. But, the inside of the yoke isn’t fully splined, so what you gain in length you loose in spline engagement. The real beauty of the YJ yoke is the yoke shoulders have more space in them, allowing greater driveshaft angle. Here’s a couple pics (sorry for the blurriness…I was just learning how to use a dig cam back when I took them :oops:

Jeff

YJ on left, XJ/MJ on right:

Image Not Found

splines:

Image Not Found

I've got a couple of YJ yokes and they don't look like that. They have a rounded throat and the splines do run to the end....I'd heard that there were two different YJ slip yokes but I'd never seen the squarish looking one like Jeff's got.

I would recommend getting a 2wd driveshaft and have it cut down to the exact right length or better yet, take in any MJ shaft and have them re-tube it using your current ends. T-case drops eat up ground clearance and the slip yoke deelie is just a bandaid.

About how much to retube my drive shaft?

jamminz.gif Going to look into that, Just had it come out again on me after put on another stock yoke and u joint, So going to possibly retube it if find a place local, Should I get a YJ yoke though for the better angle at the joint?