No zoom on mobile site

Not a huge deal, just a little frustrating. It's also pretty standard for mobile sites not to have zoom capabilities.

What I'm referring to is being able to use gestures on my smartphone's touch screen to zoom in and out. Pinching/pushing together to zoom out and pushing apart to zoom in. I can do that on the full site, but not the mobile one.

Mostly I want to do this to zoom in on photos. The frustration largely comes from the fact that most of you guys are inexplicably using the frustration that is photobucket. My usual workaround is to save the pic onto my phone and open it separately, but photobucket doesn't seem to allow that. My next workaround is to open the image file directly in my browser, which doesn't help cause photobucket makes you use their site and image viewer, but that site won't allow me to zoom, so that doesn't work either.

If something can be done about it, I'd sure appreciate it, but I mostly just posted this to vent... Having a frustrating morning at work cause my computer account expired and our IT guy got dispatched to do some work for remote sites up in north sask so he's basically unreachable. But that has nothing to do with you guys.

I was using a few 3rd-party browsers on my iPhone 4, but over the last year or so most of them have become so unstable as to be useless. I didn't have Firefox but just tried downloading it and it's not going to run on iOS7. (Maybe that's a hint as to my problem...)

But I refuse to upgrade to a device without a 30-pin connector. (Perhaps I have many problems...) So there's that.

It just seems like every time I encounter something frustrating with images on the forum, photobucket is somehow a key factor. I don't know why everyone keeps using them, when there are so many other more stable, more reliable, and more user-friendly hosts out there. But I guess people will use what they know.

But I refuse to upgrade to a device without a 30-pin connector. (Perhaps I have many problems...) So there's that.

What's the story behind that? I'd rather drive a Chev than go back to a ridiculous 30 pin connector device. Lightning port is 10,000x times better.

On mobile I normally use Tapatalk for this forum.

If I had to have a logical reason for all the irrational things I did, my life would be much less exciting. So for the same reason as my refusal to use a device without a 30-pin connector, I'm going to refuse to say why. :D

If it helps, you're talking to a guy who enjoys driving his Lada. :thumbsup: