Hard starting except with starting fluid.

I just picked up this Comanche about two weeks ago and it has sat for a couple of years. It would not start until I shot some starting fluid into the throttle body and then it fired right up and continued to run just fine. After shutting it off after several minutes it would not start again until I shot starting fluid once again and ran fine again afterward. Could it be a problem with the injectors not squirting during cranking or just old gas or other issue? Any thoughts/ ideas are appreciated. Thanks in advance, Tom

First, Welcome to the ComancheClub :wavey:

Just like the other post....How fresh is the gas, been sitting along time???

Try some Gas Stablilizer and some Dry Gas in the tank, then add some fresh gas and see if it starts any easyer.

You could have a problem with fuel getting to the fuel rail, meaning the fuel pump is not pushing enought pressure at start up, if you can, get a pressure reading at the scherder valve. Then there are a couple of other checks to go thru, like fuel pump relay, ballast resistor.

Regardless, change out the fuel filter.

Also, drop a note what year your Comanche is.

I agree, sounds to me like a fuel issue too.

Check the fuel regulator and the vacum lines to it and any to the throttlebody.

Also check the connectors/wiring inside the cab, look near where the brake pedal is. The wires that run back along the inside of the drivers door/floor go to the back of the truck, so these wires include the ones that go to the gas tank. lots of people have reported having 'issues' with the wires in this area.