Trail rig swap: XJ to MJ

Keep the winch... You can always use it :brows: The front bumper will transfer over as well. Keep it too. Much easier to keep what you got then buy new.

I think your plan is solid... I say remove the whole bed and sell it.. then look at making your own flatbed. The sale of the bed and other crap should pay for the materials needed to make a flat bed

I can probably get ~$175 for the bumper and $150 for the winch... I've got another one I can use anyway.

The 2x4 to make a new one won't cost nearly that much :D Cash back in pocket.

What's the bed worth? Ballpark? It is a longbed. No rust really, small bits of surface rust that is extremely superficial.

I just bought a 24' piece of 2x4 and it was a nice chunk.... so unless you know a place that will sell to you cut metal... look at spending better then 100 on that.

A nice bed... well it is all about location... out west a rust free bed is worth less then say in the snow belt/rust belt... to me its worthless cause beds are for sleeping in :D and I have no time to sleep ;) a good figure will depend on wha the market can bear.. around here ppl give them away cause no one restores MJ's in this area as a whole... a few ppl wheel them, but not many

bed's worth $250+

and I need one ;)

I would agree, $250 is what popped into my head if I was looking at a nice clean bed.

I agree with Pong wholeheartedly. Flatbed it from the get go, I'm kinda sad that I destroyed a rust free bed, given that they're so hard to come by.

• 2 weeks later...

See that blue around the headlamps? That's masking tape, the paint will come off with the tape leaving the lights untouched.

Newspaper+masking taped all the windows too. Most everything else saw paint.

It will look good when I've put another coat on the front and finish the bed and pull the tape.

See that blue around the headlamps? That's masking tape, the paint will come off with the tape leaving the lights untouched.

Newspaper+masking taped all the windows too. Most everything else saw paint.

It will look good when I've put another coat on the front and finish the bed and pull the tape.

But...

the marker lights...

But...

the marker lights...

They're taped too. All the lights, windows are masked.

I like the 'FU' on the window. How does the lug wrench work on the intake? Something like a super or turbo or something?

Smartass :D