proper way to remove fuse panel?

I'm looking for anyone who can tell me the proper way to seperate my fuse panel and engine side wiring at the firewall. This is an 87 renix 4.0. I loosened the 2 screws holding the fuse panel to the firewall but from there they just continue to spin and don't get any looser. I have the entire wiring harness disconnected and pulled back all the way to the fuse panel. On the engine side of the firewall it appears that 2 seperate (one above the other) wiring connectors are on some type of mount/clip that pass through the firewall to the rear of the fuse panel. I can not for the life of me figure out how to seperate these connections. Anyone care to explain?

If I remember correctly, there is a recessed bolt in the center of the engine side of the connector that has to be removed. Tried to find a reference in MJ Tech section but couldn't find it.

If my memory is incorrect I'm pretty sure someone will on here will provide clarification.

yes there is a bolt hidden between the two connectors on the firewall side.  remove the plastic dust jacket, remove the bolt, (some are 8mm, some are 1/4") and then separate the two halves of the connector.  If i remember, the bottom half is held captive by the upper half.  you may have to reinstall the bolts on the cabin side so that you have enough resistance to unplug the firrewall connector.  

for reference, look at your c101 connector, it is the same.

be prepared to deal with the tar that jeep put inside the connector to prevent corrosion.

there is a write up somewhere on this forum that gives the part number and source for the individual pins in the connector, along with directions on how to remove them.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure i'd a been fighting with it a while until I found that on my own. I looked over the fuse panel side a few times and didn't see anything. Couldn't see inside the engine side connector. I did remove the dust shield already. Its snowing pretty good here right now and I don't have a garage till I build mine in the spring so I won't be able to check it out till tomorrow. I'm ready for the tar! I willbe cleaning it all out.