'Rusty'

no worries, this one is going to be almost free by the time i scrap the truck it's in and get matching front/rear gears :D plus, no need to relocate spring perches since i'm not going for 5-6" of lift. i'm thinking more mild lift with metric ton load hauling specs. i may also be purchasing a wrecked 98 cherokee with only a few thousand miles on the rebuilt engine to update the power plant and interior. but then, money for my comanche isn't abounding since my wife and i found out she's pregnant recently :D and we're looking at buying a house since our one bedroom apartment will soon be outgrown.

i picked up a few goodies today from east bay auto parts in interlochen, mi while picking up an aluminum rim for my dad's car. they have good prices for parts, and list them on car-part.com.

tailgate: $39 (they have another red one in similar condition, very usable with some surface rust, handle a little stiff but seams to still work.)

110247abca2cc11b2.jpg

110247abca2bca6ef.jpg

two areas of rust:

110247abcac941e3a.jpg

110247abcacb61477.jpg

compare to old one:

110247abcb4fafdbe.jpg

also got a full cluster: $10

110247abca2a4bccc.jpg

• 1 year later...

well if that's the case, the previous owners sure must have been speeding a lot :rotfl2:

aside from a few small things like a coolant leak at the water pump, my next project will be to patch some of that rust up with some rockers and a combination of 3 different beds, as well as some patches for the floor. should get plenty o'use out of that welder i'll be getting in the next week or so :D

• 4 weeks later...

scratch those plans for the time being...next major project is either replace the truck :( or rebuild the motor. damn lifters! looks like someone before me ran it oil starved at some point, never gave me any symptoms until a lifter went out and i lost power.