d44 carrier question

Sorta...

I don't know the full story on what they did. But they used a thick gearset on the rubi carriers. They are essentially the carrier ment for 3.92 and numerically lower gears (or where-ever that split is). I think the reasoning was so they all shipped with the same carrier or air locker.

Basically it's a pile of garbage. You could use any D44 carrier and a thick gearset and do the same thing. But it's advantageous to simply buy the right carrier.

i found someone selling a d44 4.10 ring and pinion.. its out of a tj rear 44 not a rubicon.. could i use this carrier for the front of my waggy 44? and slap 5.13s on it?

Your question is unclear...first you say you found a ring and pinion.....then you ask about a carrier...

I THINK I understand.

The carrier should work fine front or rear. Because as far as a D44 carrier is concerned, it doesn't know or care, what D44 axle it runs in. ;)

As for it being the correct carrier for 5:13's. Cannot say for sure as I do not know if this is the same carrier the 4:10's came off of......see what I mean?

IF you can confirm that this carrier originally ran with the 4:10's than YES it will work with the 5:13's as well.

Like Dirty said RUBYs ran a "thick" gear set. This was to allow the use of a single carrier for all ratios the Wrangler was available in. It was a STD carrier for up to 3:55 (Or was that 3:73) gears .

CW