Dana 30 rebuild?

So I don't know what to call this but I pulled a hp30 out of this cherokee I have and this thing is nasty. I'm going to need all new brakes including everything, tie rod, tie rod ends and just about everything else. I haven't pull diff cover yet but I have to get it re geared to 4.10a anyway. I'm not wanting to build this thing with chromoly a or lockers yet becuase I don't have the money and I need to swap this in soon to get my 4wd back. I'm just wondering what people recommend for brake kits and tie rod end s and all that stuff. I'm really not sure what to buy. I've never even touched brakes before. Thanks

Edit:

Should I go to Napa and get parts? Or do some after market upgrades? My brakes are terrible. I have a brake booster but just need to install it

You'll definately need a new carrier to put 4.10's in that axle. Whats the current gear ratio in your truck?

Why not re-use your current Tie-rods / Linkage?

If you want to save money, You could swap brakes from your current d30, Assuming those are still in decent condition.

You'll definately need a new carrier to put 4.10's in that axle. Whats the current gear ratio in your truck?

Why not re-use your current Tie-rods / Linkage?

If you want to save money, You could swap brakes from your current d30, Assuming those are still in decent condition.

It has 3.07s. I just went to Napa and a stock brake lot with everything is only 170$. And some of the ends of it look horrible. But I might re use them

You should hit Pull-a-Part and see if you can score some low mile or recently replaced components.  Auto and manual components are the same so you have a wide interchange.  Who knows, someone might have spent $$ on a front end rebuild and subsequently blew the motor or got rear ended.

If you go new stay away from Advance Auto Driveworks suspension parts.  They're trouble.

Actually now that i think about it..

I have a perfectly fine 4.10 carrier sitting in my old d30

You could even re-use the 4.10 R&P if you wanted to save a little money.

Let me know if you want it.

Would that work in a HP30? If so I'd diffenently want to buy it.

Actually now that i think about it..

I have a perfectly fine 4.10 carrier sitting in my old d30

You could even re-use the 4.10 R&P if you wanted to save a little money.

Let me know if you want it.

Would that work in a HP30? If so I'd diffenently want to buy it.

It's a 4.10 carrier out of a hp d30

I went full locker, so i didnt have a use for the carrier.

You should hit Pull-a-Part and see if you can score some low mile or recently replaced components.  Auto and manual components are the same so you have a wide interchange.  Who knows, someone might have spent $$ on a front end rebuild and subsequently blew the motor or got rear ended.

If you go new stay away from Advance Auto Driveworks suspension parts.  They're trouble.

Or a complete axle out of a 4 cylinder.  It'll get you 4.10's already, and if the components are in decent shape, you'd be further ahead.   Most of the junk yards around here only charge $100-150 for a complete front axle, cheaper than getting yours regeared if you find one with 4.10's already.

Or a complete axle out of a 4 cylinder. It'll get you 4.10's already, and if the components are in decent shape, you'd be further ahead. Most of the junk yards around here only charge $100-150 for a complete front axle, cheaper than getting yours regeared if you find one with 4.10's already.

Just make sure it is a 5 speed 4 cylinder to find the 4.10 axle. The 4 speed 4 cylinder trucks had 3.55.