looking for tips on modifying a WK

NHMJXJ

I would run them. Otherwise the alerts on the EVIC will drive you nuts unless there is a way to disable the TPMS alerts I haven't found. The EVIC always defaults to the TPMS screen if a tire is low. Sure you can still scroll through the other screens, but it will go back to the TPMS screen. I do not believe the TPMS will actually affect driveability if you can live with the EVIC going bananas.

Airing down on this past trip to Ouray nearly drove me nuts with the EVIC alerts. Speaking of Ouray and the WK, here are a few photos of the adventure.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/48008-ouray-silverton-tincup-salida-august-and-october-2015/?p=493865

Have you guys had the N23 and/or p73 recalls preformed? I had the first N23 done and now I have to pull the FDCM EDIFF fuse to get 4lo to work. Apparently the newest recall may fix the transfer case shifting issue but may also cause other systems to malfunction. I am just very leary to let Chrysler load some other software into my WK that may cause other failures. Do you guys have any personal experience with the recalls?

I have paperwork from the PO of our WK and it's had both recalls done. 4lo works fine.

PO did tell me he had NEVER used 4lo in the jeep. He bought it new also.

Fog lights!  All recalls done.  That's the good news.  Had the computer reprogrammed this morning and the lamps work. 

I had the day off and was running errands after the visit to the dealership.  I noticed that the ambient temperature was not changing in spite of the steady rise in temperature.  The compass was working.  I figured I'd run back to the dealership and while on the way, the info center began to display "active programming" and a flashing red dot appeared in the instrument cluster. 

Have I mentioned I hate computers?   They told me there were no codes, but the display is different than the temp the computer is indicating.  They disconnected the battery and let it sit.  It's still not accurate.  Explanation. ?  Cluster?  Temp sensor?  Wiring between the two?  They couldn't tell me.   RrrrrRRrrrr.   I want my _simple_ XJ back (not really ... just hate computer problems).  

I dreaded bringing the thing to a dealership, but they were actually cheaper than anyone I could find locally to reprogram for fog lamps.  I also anticipated they might "up sell", or screw something else up with the reprogramming (friggin' computers ... it's like Adobe updates that do nothing but screw up your laptop).

I bought the WK a short time ago. Yesterday, the service writer said their records show the recalls had been done, so I'm guessing one of the previous owners had them done.  The vehicle is super clean (obviously loved), so I expect the PO must have  been on top of things.  The AutoCheck® lists a collision in 2008 and you can tell the RF fender is not factory finish paint.  Not bad, just not factory finish.

My thoughts too.  Less Soccer Mom-ish.  I would have liked a wider tire, but that would have meant mods and more $ and would have broken the budget. 

I accomplished everything I was after. The lift leveled it out, hardly effected the ride quality at all and best of all, I can see over cars in front of me again.  Haven't been able to do that since my F150. 

I'm happy with it just as it is now, so I can focus on the Comanche again!