Hi-Lift....where is yours???

Well, with the new lift I have planned for the spring, in the MJ, I am gonna be needin' a taller jack, so its a Hi-Lift to the rescue!! I bought one of the Annivarsary models. I also got the two mounting brackets. I am looking for a roll bar and would like for it to be in the bed.

Got any ideas...or better yet PICTURES???

Thanks,

CW

Mine fits perfectly over the wheelwell between the rollbar (not factory MJ)and the bed rail. A pair of bungees hold it in place front and back and a rag underneath it keeps it quiet, it's actually very stable there and I can have it in hand when I need it in about 10 seconds. Not the best picture but...

MJ_Bumper4.jpg

I lopped off a couple inches from the 60" model and attached it between the rollbar legs and underneath the spare tire. Takes a couple minutes to get it out (anti-theft I guess) but I plan on putting it somewhere else during wheeling so I can have quicker access to it on the trail. The rollbar is custom and made from 2" DOM tubing welded/bolted to the frame.

Jeep on!

--Pete

BIC,

Man you need to clean that Jeep!!! :P

Pete,

I very much like yours!!

I am also looking for a roll bar. I know Bic has one form a Dakota and that may be an option. Currently I have a home built Tanneau covering the bed and thats OK, but its 3/4 Ply wood and for the summer I really WANT my bed back!!!

I'll be lifting it another 3" come spring and would like the pick up look back!!

Image Not Found

Juan,

Where are you? We look to be close we should get together and have a coffee some time!!! Last week end I went down to a local shop to have mt tars mounted and took a buddie. hes kinda loopie, I think I need some new friends!!

Here he is doing a Vanna white on my new to me tars!!

Image Not Found

don't get me wrong, hes a great guy and all, just a bit loopie, OH and hes HOOKED on Dunkin' Donuts coffee!!! :? :shock: :P :P

CW

Bic (anyone with answer),

Speaking of your rollbar.

I think you said somewhere it was a DODGE DAKOTA bar. Did you get it at a junk yard or a PepBoys type place?

How did it fit or was there any fitment issues?

I REALLY want to do this!! Tjis looks easier/faster than waiting for a factory bar!!!

Thanks,

CW

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I do not have a roll bar/sport bar YET....but I mounted the hi-lift to the front of the bed this AM.

I am thinking about a spare tire rack like BIC has......I'll make mine. :shock: Kinda like what Pete M. did, but a bit forward so the gate will still close. :D

CW

When I had a bed on my rig, I use some 2x2x1/4 angle, alomg with some old sway bar mounts, and some 3" long bolts and made myu own mount. It mounted to the side of the bed. Now my hi-lift stays at the trailer, Some one always has one you can borrow :D